Do you have a date night but are getting bored with dinner and a movie? Here are some fun ideas to keep you in connection with each other.
- Go to an arcade or boardwalk and play those games with each other that you haven’t played since you were dating: skee ball, air hockey, PacMan.
- On a map of a state or country you’ve lived or traveled, highlight all the towns and sites you visited together. Bring your map to a coffee house and reminisce together.
- After the kids have gone to bed, dust off photo albums containing pictures of when your relationship first began. Spread a blanket on the living room floor and pour over them.
- Keep affection alive in your marriage by making time for non-sexual touch: a back massage, foot massage, cuddling, or holding hands in public.
- Hire a chef to come to your home, cook a full meal, serve it to you, and do all the cleanup. Enjoy time with each other and not have to lift a finger or drive home.
- Listen to music from your teenage years or download a routine from your favorite comedian and go parking at a scenic spot.
Maintaining a happy, healthy, long-term relationship can be so difficult with all the pressures and challenges in today’s fast-paced world. Maybe you’ve tried counseling before with little to no results. Maybe you ended up more frustrated or things improved a little, but only temporarily. The therapists at Couples Therapy Center of NJ can help. We’re all specialists in the area of intimate relationships. We can give you the support, new perspective, and tools you need to have more love and excitement in your relationship. Can’t get your partner to come in with you? No problem! We see individuals, too. Call us at 908-246-3074 or email GetSupport@CouplesTherapyCenterOfNJ.com now to schedule your appointment. Don’t wait any longer. Start making positive changes today.